One of the most common reasons for failures or problems in computers is the lack of antivirus software, or expired antivirus software. It is an issue which is often overlooked and has dire consequences for the unfortunate computer owner.
What Is a Virus?
These days there are so many different types of virus. So what is a virus? A virus is usually hidden, and can do a number of things, as it relates to the health of the computer.
A few examples are provided below:
1. Make a computer run slowly
2. Prevent computers from booting up
3. Damage parts of the system
4. Amend how the system operates without the owner’s knowledge
5. Be used to steal personal details
6. Move from machine to machine on a network
7. Attack other machines using machine as a host
8. Send out unauthorised messages
So, like a human virus a computer virus can be dangerous and possibly infectious to other computers. They can be spread between computers and can also be transported via email. It is not limited to software however, as they can also be transported via USB drives and other types of media.
Do you think your PC has a virus infection? Don’t panic just call us now for some sound advise.
Get Piece of Mind – Speak to us to make sure your computer is protected -01604 411444
Very prompt service from a friendly professional without any comments about how old my IT hardware is, unlike others who will just want to sell you something new. I felt valued as a customer and was just so pleased to find someone (via a recommendation) that would arrive on my doorstep within 24 hours.